Museum logo
Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number PR0022
Object Name Blueprint
Description Blueprints for "L'Ecole St Joseph", Biddeford, circa 1928. Twelve-page set of plans, drawn by architect J.G. Morissette of Lawrence, Massachusetts. Title of plans read: "Boys parochial school for the parish of St. Joseph, Biddeford, Maine" and the clients read: Right Reverend John Gregory Murray, Bishop of Portland diocese; Reverend J.A. Laflamme, Pastor, Biddeford, Maine". Set includes: basement and heating plans, first floor plan, second floor plan, first floor framing plan, secdon floor framing plan, second floor ceiling framing plan, detail of office and library doors, roof and roof framing plans, Green Street elevation, Kussuth [sic] St elevation, East side elevation, South Street elevation, details of Green Street entrance. [The school was instead built at the corner of Graham and Birch Streets; the Green/South/Kossuth lot is the location of the St. James School Hall.]
Date 1928
Title Plans for L'Ecole St Joseph
Artist Morissette, J.G.
Dimensions H-30 W-36 inches
Collection ART + PRINT COLLECTION
Notes [All scale 1/4" = 1'-0" unless otherwise noted]
Page 1: Basement and hearting plans
Page 2: First floor plan
Page 3: Second floor plan
Page 4: First floor framing plan
Page 5: Second floor framing plan
Page 6: Second floor ceiling framing plan; detail of Office + Library Doors (3/4" = 1'-0")
Page 7: Roof framing plan
Page 8: Roof plan; 3/4" scale thru Inside Doors; 3/4" scale elevation thru Side Entrance Doors
Page 9: Green Street elevation
Page 10: Kussuth [sic] St. elevation
Page 11: East side elevation; South Street elevation
Page 12: Details of Green Street entrance
[Various smaller details scattered throughout, such as door and window jambs, and blackboard design]
Back side of Page 12, near edge in red pencil is written "General Plans"
Search Terms Biddeford
Biddeford schools
St. Louis School
Graham Street
Birch Street